Nomination Deadline: November 1st
This award was instituted in 2014 by the
Structural Engineering Institute
Board of Governors to honor the accomplishments and contributions of Dr. Corley to the structural engineering profession. He is celebrated for his efforts in forensic structural engineering projects and creating an identity for structural forensic engineering. Dr. Corley not only provided technical and leadership contributions to the advancement of structural engineering, but he also worked tirelessly in support of advancing and distinguishing structural engineering as a profession including licensure for structural engineers. The award is made in accordance with the policies of SEI and the following specific rules:
- The Gene Corley Award is to be awarded annually to an individual for their efforts in support of advancing and distinguishing structural engineering as a profession including licensure for structural engineers. The award consists of a plaque presented at Structures Congress.
- No one shall be eligible to receive the Award, or a portion of the Award, more than once.
- Nominations may be submitted by anyone.
- Nominations must be submitted to SEI by
- The nominations are reviewed by the Corley Award Review Committee, appointed by the SEI BPAD Executive Committee, which shall select a nominee to recommend to the BPAD Excom and then the SEI Board of Governors for final approval.