Frank M. Masters Transportation Engineering Award
Nomination Deadline: November 1st
The Frank M. Masters Transportation Engineering Award is a memorial to the outstanding professional accomplishments of Frank M. Masters, Hon.M.ASCE. The award is supported by the income from a bequest from Mr. Masters. The award was established by the Board of Direction in November 1975.
- The award is given to a member of the Society for the best example of innovative or noteworthy planning, design, or construction of transportation facilities. The example must have been described in published form available to the entire engineering community.
- Not more than one award of the prize is made each year unless the achievement upon which the award is based is considered to be the contribution of more than one person, such as joint authorship of a paper. No one shall receive the honor, or any portion thereof, more than once.
- The Awards Committee of T&DI reviews nominations presented by the Honors and Awards program and recommends to the Board of Governors of T&DI the recipient, if any, for final action by the Executive Committee of ASCE.
- Nominees not selected in a given year may be held over for consideration by the Awards Committee of T&DI, with approval from the Board of Governors of T&DI. The names of these nominees will be conveyed to the Honors and Awards program office.
- The award consists of a medal. Winners who are not the lead recipient shall receive only a certificate.