Nomination Deadline: November 1st
This medal is named for Raymond D. Mindlin, Ph.D., M.ASCE who was a Professor at Columbia University and who is best known for pioneering contributions to applied mechanics. The medal was established by action of the Society on February 4, 2008.
- The medal may be awarded annually to an individual in recognition of outstanding research contributions to applied solid mechanics.
- Membership in the Society is not a consideration for this medal.
- The Awards Committee of the Engineering Mechanics Institute shall recommend for EMI Board approval the name of the recommended winner. With EMI Board approval, the recommendation is presented to the Executive Committee for final action.
- The medal will be presented in the the Engineering Mechanics Institute Annual Convention, the Society's Annual Convention, or a mechanics conference co-sponsored by ASCE.
- No one shall receive the medal more than once.
- The award items are a certificate and medal.