Peurifoy Construction Research Award
Nomination Deadline: November 1st
To recognize individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of construction engineering through research and development of new technology, principles or practices, the friends, former students, and associates of Dr. R. L. Peurifoy contributed funds, the annual income of which is to be used for the Peurifoy Construction Research Award. The award was officially instituted by action of the Board of Direction in 1984, upon recommendation of the Executive Committee of the Construction Research Council.
- The name of the award is the Peurifoy Construction Research Award.
- The award may be made to a member of ASCE or the Construction Institute who has made an outstanding contribution to the advancement of construction engineering through research and development of new technology, principles or practices.
- Nominations will be considered by the Construction Institute's Awards Committee. Its recommendation will be made to the Construction Institute's Board of Governors and subsequently ratified by the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominees not selected in a given year will be held over for consideration through the next selection cycle. At the end of the second cycle, nominees not chosen will no longer be eligible for consideration, except that nominators who wish for their candidate to be considered for another two-cycle period must produce a new nomination package.
- The award consists of a certificate and a cash prize determined annually by and subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the Board of Direction based on the income from the award endowment.
- The award recipient may be invited to present a "Peurifoy Construction Advancement Address" at an appropriate meeting of the Society.
- Only one person shall receive the award in any year, and an awardee may receive the honor only once.