Raymond C. Reese Research Prize
Nomination Deadline: November 1st
To recognize outstanding contributions to the application of structural engineering research, Raymond C. Reese, Hon.M.ASCE, contributed funds to support a structural engineering research prize. The prize was established by the Board of Direction in April 1970.
- The Raymond C. Reese Research Prize is to be awarded to the author or authors of a paper in a print issue of an ASCE journal in the twelve-month period ending with June of the year preceding the year of the award that describes a notable achievement in research related to structural engineering and which indicates how the research can be used. The paper should include the results of research (experimental and/or analytical) and, in particular, should indicate and recommend how the research can be applied to design; it is this latter feature that is considered to be most important.
- Membership in the Society is not a requirement for consideration.
- The award may be presented annually.
- The eligible papers will be reviewed by the Structural Engineering Institute which shall select the nominee or nominees for final approval by the ASCE Executive Committee.
- The lead author shall receive a plaque. All other authors shall receive only a certificate.