In 2019, the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Construction Institute (CI) established the Outstanding Young Professional or Student Award to facilitate engagement for Young Professionals or Students to attend CI Summit.
The award shall consist of a plaque inscribed with the name of the recipient, complimentary
(March 9-12, 2022 in Arlington, Virginia) conference registration, and $500 travel reimbursement to the CI Summit conference. Winner will be notified by January 11, 2021.
The characteristics taken into consideration for this award include:
- Service to the advancement of the profession;
- Evidence of technical competence, high character, and integrity;
- Leadership in the development of younger member attitudes toward the profession;
- Contributions to public service outside of their professional career;
- Other evidence of merit, which in the judgment of the award committee shall have advanced the Society's objectives and contributed to the public perception of the future of engineering.