Civil Engineering Entrepreneur of the Year Award
Nomination Deadline: March 1st
This award was established by the ASCE Committee on Leadership and Management to recognize entrepreneurs who create successful private-sector organizations that employ civil engineers and/or expand the civil engineering horizon.
- The award may be given annually to an owner, founder, or principal of a small business (as defined by SBA) who was primarily responsible for the creation of the company and an active member of senior executive management for at least the last two years. Nominee must be an ASCE member in good standing, and preferably a licensed professional engineer. The nominee's company must have been in operation for at least three years. Nominees from a company that has been recognized by this award in any of the last three years are not eligible. [Note: Due to the proprietary nature of the application, it will be shared only with the CLM Awards Subcommittee.]
- Qualifications of nominees will be judged on the following:
- Financial Data: Growth of the company in it's formation in each of the following categories:
- Growth in gross and net revenue
- Growth in number of employees, including the number of licensed engineers
- Growth in number of projects
- Leadership and Management: Nominee's leadership and management of the company.
- Character and Professional Integrity: Evidence of nominee's character and professional integrity.
- Community: Company and nominee's involvement in the community.
- Organizational Culture: Initiatives implemented to motivate and empower the workforce.
- Innovation and Technology Adoption: Innovative approaches and adoption of new technology, including sustainability.
- The award consists of a suitably inscribed plaque.
- Nominations for ASCE Civil Engineering Entrepreneur of the Year Award must be received at ASCE International Headquarters, to the address below, no later than March 1.
- Recipients of the award are selected by the Committee on Leadership and Management for final action by the Committee on Advancing the Profession (CAP).
- Members of CAP and CLM shall not be eligible for this award.