Alfred M. Freudenthal Medal
Nomination Deadline: November 1st
This medal was established and endowed by the
Engineering Mechanics Institute,
with gifts presented by the many friends and admirers of Alfred M. Freudenthal, F.ASCE. The medal was officially instituted by action of the Board of Direction on November 1-2, 1975.
- The award is known as the Alfred M. Freudenthal Medal.
- The award consists of a bronze medal presented to an individual in recognition of distinguished achievement in safety and reliability studies applicable to any branch of civil engineering.
- Age, nationality, and Society membership shall not be considerations in making the award.
- The award is normally made every two years on the basis of nominations submitted by November 1. It may be omitted at the discretion of the Award Committee.
- Nominees not selected in a given year will be held over for consideration through the next selection cycle. At the end of the second cycle, nominees not chosen will no longer be eligible for consideration. Nominators who wish for their candidate to be considered for another two-cycle period must produce a new nomination package.
- The Award Selection Committee shall consist of the members of the Advisory Board of the Engineering Mechanics Institute, whose duty shall be to recommend nominees for formal action by the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction.