Government Civil Engineer of the Year Award
Nomination Deadline: March 1st
This award was established by the Government Engineers Division to recognize distinguished civil engineers employed in public service for significant engineering contributions as a practitioner in public service.
- The award may be given annually to an engineer of recognized standing, who must be an ASCE member in good standing, and preferably a licensed professional engineer.
- Qualifications of the award nominees will be judged on the following: sustained outstanding civil engineering performance in the public sector; evidence of high character and professional integrity; civic and humanitarian activities (community service); minimum of fifteen years of public service as a civil engineer; five of the fifteen years at the senior administrative level; and employed in the U.S. public sector at the time of application submittal.
- The award consists of a suitably inscribed certificate.
- Nominations for ASCE Government Civil Engineer of the Year Award must be received at ASCE International Headquarters, to the attention of the Committee on Developing Leaders (CDL) staff contact or
firstname.lastname@example.org,no later than March 1.
- Recipients of the award are selected by the Committee on Developing Leaders (CDL) for final action by the Committee on Professional Advancement (CPA).
- Members of the CPA and the CDL shall not be eligible for this award.