Nomination Deadline: October 1st
The Julian Hinds Award was endowed in 1974 by John R. Kiely, F.ASCE, in recognition of the outstanding professional contributions of Julian Hinds, Hon.M.ASCE. The award was established by the Board of Direction in 1974.
- The award may be made annually to the author(s) of that paper which is judged to be the most meritorious contribution to the field of water resources development such as multi-purpose water projects for irrigation, flood control, municipal and industrial water, hydroelectric power or any combination thereof. The award can also be made to an individual for notable performance, long years of distinguished service, or specific actions that have served to advance engineering in the field of planning, development, and management of water resources.
- To be eligible papers must have been published in a print issue of an ASCE journal during the twelve-month period ending with June of the year preceding the year of the award.
- Only an individual holding any grade of membership in the American Society of Civil Engineers is eligible for the award. In the case of papers written by more than one person, at least one author must be a member of ASCE.
- The Award Selection Committee shall be the Awards Committee of the
Environmental and Water Resources Institute
which shall recommend a recipient or recipients if any to the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction for approval.
- The award shall consist of a wall plaque and a cash prize determined annually by and subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the Board of Direction based on the income from the award endowment. The lead author shall receive the plaque and cash prize. All other authors shall receive only a certificate.