George W. Housner Structural Control and Monitoring Medal
Nomination Deadline: November 1st
This medal is named for George W. Housner, Ph.D., M.ASCE who was a Professor at the California Institute of Technology and who is known for pioneering contributions to the field of structural control and monitoring of civil infrastructure systems. The medal was established by action of the Society on July 29, 2011.
- The medal may be awarded annually to one individual in recognition of outstanding research contributions to the broad field of structural control and health monitoring.
- Membership in the Society is not a consideration for this award.
- The Awards Committee of the Engineering Mechanics Institute shall recommend for EMI Board approval the name of the recommended winner. With EMI Broad approval the recommendation shall be presented to the Executive of the ASCE Board of Direction for final action.
- The medal will be presented at the Engineering Mechanics Institute Annual Convention, ASCE Annual Convention, or a mechanics conference co-sponsored by the Society.
- No one shall receive the medal more than once.
- The award shall consist of a medal.