Nomination Deadline: November 1st
This prize was established in 1947 by Mrs. Lucy M. Rickey in honor of her husband James W. Rickey, M.ASCE, a leader in hydroelectric engineering progress. Funds were donated to provide for a suitable medal and to establish a permanent fund, the proceeds from which would supply the necessary yearly funds for this medal.
- The medal may be given annually to an individual for achievement in the general field of hydroelectric engineering,.
- No one shall receive the honor more than once.
- Society membership shall not be a consideration.
- Responsibility for recommending the winner, or winners, is vested in the then current Executive Committee of the Energy Division, whose choice is subject to ratification by the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction.
- The award comprises a gold-plated medal and a cash prize determined annually by and subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction based on the income from the award endowment.