Nomination Deadline: November 1st
The award was officially instituted on October 8, 2013 by the Board of Direction to honor Masanobu Shinozuka, Ph.D., P.E., Dist.M.ASCE, NAE, a pioneer in stochastic systems study and its applications to civil engineering, primarily through mechanical and aerospace engineering.
- The award may be presented in odd-numbered years to an individual in recognition of outstanding contributions to the field of stochastic mechanics, reliability and risk and simulation.
- Membership in the Society is not a consideration for this award.
- Not more than one presentation of the award may be made per selection cycle.
- The Award Selection Committee shall consist of the members of the Awards Committee of the Engineering Mechanics Institute, whose duty shall be to recommend nominees for formal action by the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction.
- No one shall receive the award more than once.
- In the absence of sufficient qualified nominations, the Award Selection Committee can choose not to make a recommendation in a given year.
- Nominees not selected in a given year will be held over for consideration through the next selection cycle. At the end of the second cycle, nominees not chosen will no longer be eligible for consideration, except that nominators who wish for their candidate to be considered for another two-cycle period must produce a new nomination package.
- The award consists of a medal.
- The year of first award of the award shall be 2015.