As a Region 6 Director, it would be my privilege to represent the states of Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and now the Mexico Sections. ASCE is a dynamic organization that always strives to meet the needs of its members in real time. ASCE is always updating their strategic plan to stay current and relevant to the civil engineering community. My vision as a Director will be to first and foremost uphold the values of the organization and ensure that while change is needed, ASCE continues to be a pillar of strength for its members. As the ASCE Infrastructure Report Card clearly demonstrates, our country and our world for that matter are in serious need of the leadership of civil engineers. ASCE is the highest and best institution to carry that torch of excellence in developing civil engineers to serve the public and take that obligation seriously. I will advocate for policy changes that meet those objectives.
I pledge to use my tenure as the Region 6 Director to advance the following objectives:
- Serve Region 6 Director - I will bring what is happening at ASCE Global to Region 6, Sections, Branches and student chapters.
- Region 6 Board of Governors - I will contribute to committees and initiatives promoted by Region 6 Board of Governors, and contribute new ideas to the Board.
- Serve Region 6 - Includes attending Section meetings within Region 6 and support Section initiatives.
- Bring our newest member, the Mexico Section, into full inclusion into Region 6 - Now that the Mexico Section has been added to Region 6, I will reach out to that constituency to bring greater inclusion into the Region 6 communities.
As a member of ASCE since the early 1980's as a student, my membership has afforded me the opportunity to:
- Gain expertise through technical and professional courses offered.
- Network with a wide host of professionals in various capacities within the practice.
- Speak authoritatively to my local, state and national elected officials on the importance of infrastructure investments.
- Represent Region 6 as a Governor from New Mexico.
I would also like to use my term as the Region 6 Director to pass on these benefits of ASCE to the next generation of young engineers through greater youth outreach.