It is with sorrow that I have been asked to fill the vacated Region 6 Board of Governor's position due to the passing of Elvidio Diniz. However, I pledge to use my tenure on the board to advance the following objectives:
- Serve Region 6 Board of Governors - Includes contributing to committees and initiatives promoted by Region 6 Board of Governors, and contribute new ideas to the Board.
- Serve Region 6 - Includes attending Section meetings within Region 6 and support Section initiatives.
- Serve as Liaison to NM Section - Provide regular and pertinent information about Region 6 actions affecting the New Mexico Section.
As a member of ASCE since the early 1980's as a student, my membership has afforded me the opportunity to:
- Gain expertise through technical and professional courses offered.
- Network with a wide host of professionals in various capacities within the practice.
- Speak authoritatively to my local, state and national elected officials on the importance of infrastructure investments.
I would also like to use my term on the Region 6 Board of Governors to pass on these benefits of ASCE to the next generation of young engineers through greater youth outreach.