Soft Cover —
$41.00 List / $30.75 ASCE Member
Sponsored by the Structural Engineering Institute of ASCE.
This collection contains 19 papers on the optimal design and maintenance planning of civil infrastructure systems such asbridges, buildings, transmission line structures, and nuclear power plants. The authors—coming from Austria, Canada, Denmark, England, Germany, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Switzerland, and the United States—offer case studies that are detailed and research findings that describe applications of life-cycle, reliability and optimization theories to civil infrastructure systems.
- prioritization of bridge maintenance needs;
- life-cycle optimization of structures;
- cost-effectiveness optimization for aseismic design criteria of buildings;
- condition assessment and maintenance of aging structures in critical facilities;
- condition assessment of bridges;
- optimization of quality assurance of welded structures;
- optimal reliability-based bridge maintenance planning;
- effective reanalysis for damaged structures;
- optimal design of transmission line structures;
- optimization and reliability-lifetime oriented design; and
- optimum policy for civil infrastructure improvement decision making.
This book serves as a valuable reference to engineers and managers concerned with design and maintenance planning of civil infrastructure systems.