Soft Cover —
$41.00 List / $30.75 ASCE Member
Sponsored by the Structural Engineering Institute of ASCE.
This report covers a wide range of applications of modern structural safety and reliability concepts and methods to highway bridge engineering practice. These applications are necessary for improving and rationalizing the design, evaluation, inspection, repair, rehabilitation and management of highway bridges in order to balance lifetime cost and life-cycle reliability in an optimal manner.
- bridge reliability concepts and methods;
- modeling of bridge loads;
- bridge strength;
- reliability of bridge components and systems;
- bridge evaluation;
- nondestructive bridge testing;
- bridge code calibration;
- bridge management systems; and
- life-cycle cost analysis for bridges.
This book is essential for all concerned with bridge safety and reliability, especially bridge engineers and consultants, and workers in research and development.