Journal of Transportation Engineering Call for Papers: New and Emerging Technologies in Transportation
Transportation infrastructure plays a vital role in ensuring economic development and competitiveness of regions and in enhancing the quality of life of people. Technological advances have unleashed new opportunities and challenges in the way we transport people and goods.
This announcement is soliciting papers containing ideas on the development or use of new and emerging technologies in transportation. Special emphasis is given to technologies such as connected vehicles, autonomous vehicles, smart infrastructure, infrastructure monitoring, and smart cities. The said technology can enhance mobility, safety, environment, traveler convenience, or produce cost savings through optimal resource utilization.
We invite authors to present original research articles, reviews, or case studies that will stimulate the continuing efforts in transportation technologies. These articles are expected to cover innovations in technology related (but not limited) to:
- any transportation mode (highway, transit, rail, freight, pipeline, marine, air transportation);
- any phase of transportation system development (planning, design and materials, construction, operations, monitoring, and maintenance); and
- any system component (guideway, terminal facility, infrastructure, or vehicle).
INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE AUTHORS
- In preparing your manuscript, the authors should follow the manuscript format described at the
ASCE JTE journal
- In submitting their manuscript electronically, the authors should access the journal
Manuscript Tracking System
- When submitting, the authors should please indicate in their cover letter that the paper is being submitted in response to this call for papers (New and Emerging Technologies in Transportation) and should indicate the guest editors.
Deadline for submission: March 15, 2017.
Papers will be processed as soon as they are submitted. Accepted papers will be published online after acceptance.
The call for papers is sponsored by the T&DI Advanced Technologies Committee.
Editor-in-Chief: Chris Hendrickson, Ph.D., Hon. M.ASCE,
Carnegie Mellon University
Managing Editor: Laurence Rilett, Ph.D., P.E.,
University of Nebraska, Lincoln
Editor-in-Chief Emeritus: Kumares Sinha, Ph.D., P.E., Hon. M.ASCE,
Guest Editors: Samuel Labi,
University of Missouri;
Byungkyu Brian Park,
University of Virginia