ASCE fellows have made celebrated contributions and developed creative solutions that change lives around the world. It is a prestigious honor held by 3% of ASCE members.
Exclusive fellow benefits
In the year of your advancement, you will:
- Receive a cherry-wood framed certificate, a pin, lanyard, and ribbons
- Receive a fellow membership card
- Have a bio and photo published in Civil Engineering Source
Ongoing benefits for fellows:
- Enjoy a VIP lounge at the ASCE Convention
- Complimentary fellow pad folio at the ASCE Convention
- Ability to use the fellow logo for personal or business communications
- Dedicated ASCE staff liaison to assist fellows with all membership needs
Applying for advancement to ASCE fellow
To apply for fellow, complete the fellow application and submit it to the Membership Application Review Committee (MARC). The minimum requirements are ten years of responsible charge in the grade of member* and a P.E. or P.L.S. license. There is no direct admission to the grade of fellow.
Members may request a waiver of specific requirements.
Applicants for the fellow grade should provide the following:
- Completed fellow application form (PDF)
- Nomination form (PDF) completed by an authorized representative of an ASCE Organizational Entity (for example, section or branch president, Board of Direction members, institute board of governors member, technical committee chair, etc.)
- Copy of Professional Engineer or Professional Land Surveyor license (U.S. or international)
- Completed testimonial reference forms (PDF) from three references (two must be from ASCE fellows or higher grade of membership; the third may be from an ASCE member or higher grade of membership)
- There is a membership directory available to help locate your colleagues who are members and fellows.
- Copy of resume or CV
All applications for the fellow grade are thoroughly reviewed by the Membership Application Review Committee (MARC), which meets monthly as needed.
Email: [email protected]
American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
Attn: Applications Administrator/Membership Coordinator
1801 Alexander Bell Dr.
Reston, VA 20191-4382
Add your license or education 24/7 at www.asce.org/myprofile
Contact us if you need additional assistance:
Email [email protected]