The center is not only inventive in form but also resilient in function.
Flooding, landslides proliferate in the aftermath of heavy, sustained rains.
The novel structure follows the flowing form of the snow that often surrounds it.
Jan/Feb 2023: The Shape of Civil Engineering
• Unique elements combine in conference center design
• Venue showcases form, function, and resilience
• Museum sets new standard for digital design
• Tall tower requires a creative structural solution
• Bridge serves as sustainable solution for storm surge
Read more: Project Highlights
From the archives
Getting up to speed: Policy Briefing
Read more: A Question of Ethics
Long reads that dig deep
Read Civil Engineering Online content in the Civil Engineering Source newsletter
Get essential news and perspectives from around the civil engineering industry -- as well as all Civil Engineering Online news, features, and departments -- delivered straight to your inbox every day.