The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) stands at the forefront of a profession that plans, designs, constructs, and operates society’s economic and social engine—the built environment. ASCE embraces that responsibility by serving its members, the civil engineering profession, and the public. With more than 150,000 members in all civil engineering disciplines, across all public, private, and educational sectors, and at all points of their career paths, ASCE:
- Advances civil engineering technology
- Provides the tools for lifelong learning and career growth
- Promotes the profession and influences public policy
- Develops and supports civil engineer leaders
- Advocates infrastructure and environmental stewardship
Through the expertise of its active membership and staff, ASCE is the world’s largest publisher of civil engineering content in the world, a leading provider of technical and professional conferences and continuing education, and a frontrunner in developing codes and standards that protect the public. The Society serves the technical interests of its members through nine dynamic institutes.
The Civil Engineering Source
The Civil Engineering Source is ASCE’s news and information hub focused on delivering expert perspectives on the most important industry news and developments in the civil engineering profession.
Any questions or comments, please email [email protected].
The following rules govern the use by you of Civil Engineering Source. By accessing the Source, you agree to abide by these rules and any modifications thereto.
The following rules govern the use by you of Civil Engineering Source (“the Source”), an ASCE-labeled social media channel. By accessing the Source, you agree to abide by these rules and any modifications thereto.
Disclaimer and release
ASCE makes no warranties of any kind with regard to the contents of this site or to any comments posted by third parties, including without limitation warranties of title, non-infringement, or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. ASCE does not warrant that any information is complete or accurate or that any information or links provided are free of rogue programming. Some third-party content may not be endorsed by nor reflect the initiatives of ASCE. You understand and acknowledge that you use and/or rely on any information obtained through the Civil Engineering Sources at your own risk.
The Source is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended in any fashion to be a substitute for professional consultation. Under no circumstances does ASCE, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, or volunteers warrant the completeness, accuracy, or relevancy of any information or advice provided herein or its usefulness for any particular purpose. ASCE, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and volunteers expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any liability, loss, or damage that you may cause or incur in reliance on any information or advice provided herein.
By using this site, you hereby release and waive any and all claims against ASCE, its sections, branches, directors, officers, employees, members and agents, arising from or in connection with your use of this site. You also agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ASCE from and against any and all claims, including costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or in connection with your use of the Source or your failure to abide by applicable law.
ASCE reserves the right to remove, edit, or otherwise alter content deemed inappropriate for any reason, without notification. This includes, but is not limited to, any postings and comments that contain or link to language or illustrations that:
- Are libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, offensive, abusive, ad hominem, or off-topic
- Contain content that is confidential or proprietary to ASCE, its members, or affiliates
- Are intended for commercial purposes, such as solicitation of funds, promotion of commercial entities, or engaging in other commercial activity
- Endorse or oppose any political candidate or party or any partisan political position
- Include spam or chain letters
- Violate a third party’s right to privacy or any other applicable local, state, national or international law
- Degrade or disparage others based on gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability, or other classification.
- Infringe on any third party’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights
By posting or commenting on the Source, you:
- Must ensure that the posted material does not violate any term or condition of this policy
- Represent that you have the legal right to reproduce, adapt, display, and distribute the material and that it does not infringe the copyright, trademark, patent trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any other person or entity
- Agree to include your name in the creation of social media channels and with each post or comment; anonymous activity is not permitted
- Understand that by submitting, posting, or displaying content, you grant ASCE an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license to reproduce, publish and distribute such content in any media, either existing now or in the future, in its sole discretion
- Certify that you are of legal age (18 or older)
Subscribe to the Civil Engineering Source newsletter
Get essential news and perspectives from around the civil engineering industry every day, delivered straight to your inbox.
And because it uses an AI-driven publishing platform, your Source newsletter is personalized to your interests and career needs.