Maple Flow provides a fresh new approach to the routine task of creating calculation spreadsheets. Civil and structural engineering design sheets can be prepared to follow the “Classic Hand Calculations” format without the heavy lifting of working with formulae in spreadsheet cells.
The flexible, white-board layout makes it simple to generate worksheets that are ready for print and are easy to review. Engineers can save time by assembling the equations and design guide references alongside images for easy retrieval. The live math notation allows requirement updates to cascade throughout the calculations, avoiding errors from broken spreadsheet links.
Based on the powerful Maple math engine and using an interface tailored to the way civil engineers use and share calculations, Maple Flow provides an intuitive way to speed up design sheet preparation and updates.
Design equations and documentation
Do calculations, write documentation and easily refine your work in an environment that does not feel like a programming tool or a spreadsheet.
Take a fresh approach to gathering project requirements
• Place math, text, images, or plots wherever you wish, and reposition your work with the mouse or keyboard – Maple Flow keeps everything organized behind the scenes.
Switch from cluttered spreadsheets
• Maple Flow contains all the powerful features that technical professionals expect in a calculation tool, with fast solvers, built-in units tracking, flexible plots, and more.
The advantages of using Maple Flow
Create design documents that aid communication
• The interface supports freeform use of text, images, plots, and more – creating an engaging, professional technical document.
• The calculation tool evaluates from top-down, so you can follow a logical progression without being limited by spreadsheet layout or cell width.
• Units can be tracked throughout the calculations, and you can show full order of magnitudes with your parameters.
Simple to maintain when project requirements change
• Any changes you make to the parameters automatically cascade throughout the entire document, so results are always up to date.
• Easily switch up units between imperial and metric, and access an included database of common material properties in equations.
Prepare clearer documents that are easier to review
• All the design reference material, such as design guide sections and project images can be gathered to support reviews and make it straightforward to find over a long project timeline.
• The user can type in fractions and nested equations straight from a design guide, using readable math notation, so an equation looks like an equation.
• Reviewers have an easier task as all calculations are visible – no need to check through cells for hidden formulae. They can add their approval by text or image when ready and save the file as secure PDF for dissemination.
Learn more at maplesoft.com.