Elected Region 4 Governor
My vision is to continue the pipeline of Members eligible to serve at the Student Chapter, Branch, Section, and Region level.
To accomplish this vision, I will enthusiastically engage Members to get involved to experience the benefits of ASCE Membership.
- I would like to have full participation from all eligible Student Chapters. I hope to continue to progress the expansion of Student Chapters with Colleges/Universities that have a Civil Engineering program. I will encourage Members that live near the Student Chapter or willing to travel to speak to the Student Chapter about their professional experience. I will encourage Members to serve as Advisors and assist with the Virginias Student Symposium.
- I would like all Branches to meet in person again for a social/technical event at least once each year.
- I would like the Section to transition from virtual meetings to hosting Spring, Fall, and Annual Meeting in person again.
- Collaborate with other Section’s in our Region to learn lessons so we can advance toward the “Future World Vision.” Have at least one competitor in the Daniel Terrel Paper Competition every year so they can experience the process of participating in a Region 4 Meeting.
- Bachelor of Science, Ocean Engineering, United States Naval Academy, 2002
- Master of Engineering Management, Old Dominion University, 2007
- Professional Engineer, Virginia
- National Highway Institute Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges
- Merck, Senior Specialist, Engineering, 2021-present
- Virginia Department of Transportation, Movable Bridges Engineering Manager, 2017-2020
- City of Virginia Beach Department of Public Utilities, Operations and Maintenance Engineer, 2008-2016
- USS Carl Vinson, Nuclear Refueling Complex Overhaul Division Officer, 2005-2007
- USS Belleau Wood, Electronic Repair Division Officer, 2003-2004
- Civil Engineering Body of Knowledge, Corresponding Member Committee, 2019
- ASCE Member, 2010-present
- President, Virginia Section, 2019
- State Advocacy Captain, 2016-present
- American Society of Safety Professionals, Engineering Practice Specialty, Advisory Board Member, 2016-present
- Habitat for Humanity South Hampton Roads, Ambassador, 2019-present
- United States Naval Academy Alumni Association, Hampton Roads Chapter, Board of Directors, 2018-2020
- National Association of Sewer Service Companies, Safety Committee Chair, 2017
- Daniel Terrell Award, ASCE Region 4, 2015
- Navy Achievement Medal, 2004, 2007
- The Importance of Quality GIS Data, ASCE Pipelines Conference Proceedings, July 2016
- Virginia Beach Sewer Operations Performance Measures, Water Environment Federation Collection Systems Proceedings, June 2013