Nomination Deadline: April 15th
The ASCE Presidents’ Award was established in April 1976 in commemoration of the nation’s first President, who was a land surveyor, and funded by voluntary contributions from all then living 18 past presidents of the Society. The award was renamed in October 2022 to recognize an ASCE member for advancing civil engineering and protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the public at large.
- 2023: Beatrice E. Hunt P.E., M.ASCE
- The award is made annually to an ASCE member who has given distinguished service advancing civil engineering, and protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the public at-large.
- ASCE Presidents-Emeriti and current Presidential Officers are not eligible for this award.
- An individual may receive the award only once.
- The award shall not be presented posthumously.
- Nominees not selected for the award may be reconsidered for an additional two (2) contiguous years, and the nominator may update the application each year.
- The winner is recommended by the Presidents-Emeriti Council to the Executive Committee for final action.
- The recipient shall receive a plaque.
- The award shall be made at the Annual Convention of the Society or at such other time or place as might suit the convenience of the Society or the recipient.
Nominations should reach the ASCE Headquarters by April 15th.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF)
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- 2 or 3 letters of recommendation (max)
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191