The ASCE Distinguished Service Medal Award in Region 10 was established by the unanimous vote of the Region 10 Board of Governors on July 24, 2019, to recognize distinguished service to ASCE through service to Region 10.
Award winners 2023
- Brett Clayton Phillips, Ph.D., CPEng, BC.WRE, F.EWRI, F.ASCE
- Abdul-Rahim Sabouni, Ph.D., P.E., P.Eng, F.ASCE
- Albert Tak-Chung Yeung, Ph.D., P.E., R.Eng, C.Eng, F.ASCE
- Any member of ASCE, any ASCE staff member and any non-member who has provided distinguished service to ASCE in Region 10 through service to Region 10 Sections and/or Groups or to ASCE through service on international committees or associations and/or to the betterment of the community through advocacy of ASCE's policies and/or programs.
- Call for award nominations opens by May and closes by June, with announcement posted to the ASCE Global web page and sent to R10 members by e-mail blast. Nomination package for submission includes cover letter from the nominator, filled out official award nomination form, and the nominee’s biographical information. Judging is done by the Region 10 Board of Governors for the maximum number of 3 awards in any given year.
- Awards are announced by July and award certificates mailed or presented at the ASCE Convention to awardees in attendance by the Region 10 Director. Paid registration and own travel are required for ASCE Convention attendance.
Call for the ASCE Region 10 Distinguished Service Medal Award 2024 will open in April 2024.
Nomination package will include:
- Cover letter signed by the nominator.
- Completed and signed award Nomination form.
- Nominee's CV or biographical information.
- Call for nominations opens (TBD)
- Call for nominations closes (TBD)
- Announcement of 2024 awardees by (TBD)
- Awards ceremony will be held at the Global Reception of the ASCE 2024 Global Reception in Tampa Bay, Florida, October 6-9, 2024. Award does not include a waiver of registration fees or any financial reimbursement for the travel and other cost of attendance. If not able to attend, award certificate will be mailed to awardees.
Please contact [email protected] for additional information.