Nomination Deadline: December 8th
In 2019, the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Construction Institute (CI) established the Outstanding Young Professional or Student Award to facilitate engagement for Young Professionals or Students to attend CI Summit.
The award shall consist of a plaque inscribed with the name of the recipient, complimentary CI & CRC Joint Conference (March 9–12, 2022 in Arlington, Virginia) conference registration, and $500 travel reimbursement to the CI & CRC Joint Conference. Winner will be notified by January 12, 2022.
The characteristics taken into consideration for this award include:
- Service to the advancement of the profession;
- Evidence of technical competence, high character, and integrity;
- Leadership in the development of younger member attitudes toward the profession;
- Contributions to public service outside of their professional career;
- Other evidence of merit, which in the judgment of the award committee shall have advanced the Society's objectives and contributed to the public perception of the future of engineering.
- 2020: Bobbie Gilmour, A.M.ASCE, BCE & Manideep Tummalapudi, S.M.ASCE
- Nominee must be a member of ASCE.
- Nominee must be 35 years of age or under at the time of deadline.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- The award shall be made not more than annually when, in the judgment of the award committee, suitable candidates are available. No more than 1 recipient will be named in any year, and no recipient may receive the award more than once.
- Nominee may not serve on the deciding award committee.
To nominate, please submit a complete nomination form.