Nomination Deadline: March 1st
This award was established by the Government Engineers Division to recognize distinguished civil engineers employed in public service for significant engineering contributions as a practitioner in public service.
- 2020: Majed Al-Ghandour, Ph.D., P.E., CPM, M.ASCE
- The award may be given annually to an engineer of recognized standing, who must be an ASCE member in good standing, and preferably a licensed professional engineer.
- Qualifications of the award nominees will be judged on the following: sustained outstanding civil engineering performance in the public sector; evidence of high character and professional integrity; civic and humanitarian activities (community service); minimum of 15 years of public service as a civil engineer; 5 of the 15 years at the senior administrative level; and employed in the U.S. public sector at the time of application submittal.
- The award consists of a suitably inscribed plaque.
- Nominations for ASCE's Government Civil Engineer of the Year Award must be received at ASCE International Headquarters, to the attention of the Committee on Developing Leaders (CDL) staff contact or [email protected], no later than March 1.
- Recipients of the award are selected by the Committee on Developing Leaders (CDL) for final action by the Committee on Professional Advancement (CPA).
- Members of the CPA and the CDL shall not be eligible for this award.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- A Government Civil Engineer of the Year Award Nomination Form (PDF)
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- 2 or 3 letters of recommendation
You can submit your nomination electronically to ASCE's Professional Advancement Department or by mail to:
ASCE, Professional Advancement
1801 Alexander Bell Dr.
Reston, VA 20191