Nomination Deadline: October 1st
This award and lectureship was endowed by the Water Resources Engineering Division (now the Environmental and Water Resources Institute) through personal contributions of engineers and engineering firms throughout the world in honor of Hunter Rouse, Hon.M.ASCE. It was instituted by the Board of Direction in October 1979.
- 2021: Panayiotis Diplas, Ph.D., F.EWRI, F.ASCE
- The award recognizes outstanding contributions to hydraulics and waterways.
- The award is given without regard to Society membership.
- The award may be presented annually, except that no award is given in a year in which a suitable candidate cannot be found.
- The Hydraulic and Waterways Council Awards Committee shall recommend a winner to the EWRI Awards Committee, which shall seek approval from the Governing Board of the Environmental and Water Resources Institute. The Governing Board of the Environmental and Water Resources Institute shall submit their recommendation to the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction for final approval.
- The winner may be invited to present a "Hunter Rouse Hydraulic Engineering Lecture" at an appropriate meeting of the Society. If presented, the Lecture will additionally be published in a journal overseen by EWRI.
- The award consists of a certificate and a cash prize to be determined annually by and subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction, based on the income from the award endowment.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF)
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- 2 or 3 letters of recommendation (max)
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191