Nomination Deadline: November 1st
This medal is named for Raymond D. Mindlin, Ph.D., M.ASCE who was a Professor at Columbia University and who is best known for pioneering contributions to applied mechanics. The medal was established by action of the Society on February 4, 2008.
- 2022: Somnath Ghosh, Ph.D., F.EMI, M.ASCE
- The medal may be awarded annually to an individual in recognition of outstanding research contributions to applied solid mechanics.
- Membership in the Society is not a consideration for this medal.
- The Awards Committee of the Engineering Mechanics Institute shall recommend for EMI Board approval the name of the recommended winner. With EMI Board approval, the recommendation is presented to the Executive Committee for final action.
- Nominees not selected in a given year will be held over for consideration through the next selection cycle. At the end of the second cycle, nominees not chosen will no longer be eligible for consideration, except that nominators who wish for their candidate to be considered for another two-cycle period must produce a new nomination package.
- The medal will be presented in the Engineering Mechanics Institute Annual Conference, the Society’s Annual Convention, or a mechanics conference co-sponsored by ASCE.
- No one shall receive the medal more than once.
- The award item is a medal.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF)
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- 2 or 3 letters of recommendation (max)
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191