Nomination Deadline: January 30th
The Thomas A. Lenox Excellence in Civil Engineering Education (ExCEEd) Leadership Award recognizes members of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) who have demonstrated extraordinary leadership in support of civil engineering education. This leadership can be demonstrated by (1) sustained service or (2) a significant, substantial, and singular contribution to the educational activities of ASCE.
The award was established in 2000 as the ExCEEd Leadership Award, and was renamed in 2018 in honor of Thomas A. Lenox, Ph.D., Dist.M.ASCE, F.ASEE, in recognition of his exemplary leadership in civil engineering education.
- 2023: W. Samuel Easterling, Ph.D., P.E., F.SEI, Dist.M.ASCE and Jerome F. Hajjar, Ph.D., P.E., NAE, F.SEI, F.ASCE
- The award is made annually, normally to an individual but up to three individuals can be recognized each year if these individuals were co-leaders of the same substantial project.
- The recipient(s) must be a member of ASCE.
- The Thomas A. Lenox ExCEEd Leadership Award Committee reviews nominations and recommends a recipient(s) to be approved by a majority of the current members of the Committee on Education (COE).
- The award consists of a small trophy or plaque.
Questions about the Thomas A. Lenox ExCEEd Leadership Award should be directed to ASCE’s Educational Activities staff. To nominate, submit the following :
- A curriculum vitae or biography of the nominee(s).
- A short citation, not to exceed 100 words, giving the major accomplishments of the nominee(s).
Members of the Committee on Education and its constituent committees may nominate individuals for the award.