Nomination Deadline: February 1st
The purpose of the award is to promote excellence among the Younger Member Groups of the American Society of Civil Engineers. Younger member groups are defined as Associate Member Forums (AMF), Younger Member Forums (YMF), Younger Member Committees (YMC), etc. which operate at the Section and Branch level. It does not include Younger Member Councils. The Younger Member Group Award was officially instituted by action of the Society on July 9, 1985.
- 2020: Mississippi Section Younger Member Group (Small Group) and Philadelphia Younger Member Forum (Large Group)
- The award is known as the Younger Member Group Award. It may be made annually to the most outstanding large and small Younger Member Groups of the American Society of Civil Engineers. One or more Certificates of Commendation may also be awarded to deserving groups.
- The Committee on Younger Members (CYM) shall recommend to the ASCE Executive Committee the winners of the award and those groups receiving Certificates of Commendation.
- The evaluation process involves scoring of nomination documents submitted by Younger Member Groups. The nomination documents will list professional, technical, social, and special activities sponsored by the Younger Member Group for the preceding fiscal year (October to September). The specific criteria and format for evaluating all nominations are established by the CYM. The nominations, if any, shall be presented to the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction for approval.
- The award shall consist of a certificate and a cash prize determined annually by and subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction based on the income from the award endowment. The large and small group winners shall share in the cash prize.
- Recipients of Certificates of Commendation shall receive only a certificate.
- The award shall be presented to the Younger Member Group at an appropriate meeting by a national officer of the Society.
To nominate for this award, download and follow the instructions on the Younger Member Group Award Nomination form (PDF).
Nomination packages must be submitted through the Section or Branch Secretary as a single PDF to Younger Member Programs and must be received by 5:00 pm (EST) on February 1.