Bridge the Gap Student Competition teaches students and professionals about all the collaboration that takes place in industry. Students sign up to compete in this design charrette competition as an architect, engineer, or construction manager, and as a multidisciplinary team they assembly a poster in just 2.5 hours. Teams are mentored by industry professionals and given the chance to discuss potential employment opportunities.
Registered students will be assigned to an inter-collegiate and inter-disciplinary Teams of 5 to work together to design the project with guidance from a Team of Mentors. Before the design phase of the competition begins students will receive an overview of the process and the project and also benefit from a technical tour pertaining to the project.
Bridge the Gap Committee Members
- Advisor, Molly Denton, Fishbeck, Inc.
- Chair, Gregory Brooks University of Texas – Austin
- Member, Catherine Armwood-Gordon, Ph.D., Tennessee State University
- Member, Aysegul Demir Dilsiz, Ph.D., LEED GA, University of Wyoming
- Member, Josh Szmergalski, P.E., CSD Structural Engineers