Member Benefit | Part 1 - September 12, 2023 & Part 2 - October 12, 2023
Join ASCE Government Relations in a two-part series to hone your public policy and public relations skills.
“How do I even start getting to know my elected officials?” “What do I do when a reporter asks me for an interview?” “How do I get the word out about an issue that matters to me and my profession?”
Register today to find out the answers to these and many more questions on how your region, section, or branch can better influence policy debate in this introduction to ASCE’s best practices in government relations and public relations.
You can select to attend one or both of the following sessions when completing the registration:
Sep. 12, 2023 | 2:00 PM ET
During the Public Relations University session, learn about:
- How to craft your talking points to elected officials and members of the media
- How to communicate effectively to different audiences and through a variety of mediums
Oct. 12, 2023 | 2:00 PM ET
In the Government Relations University session, learn more on:
- How your professional experience makes you an asset in the public policy arena
- ASCE’s exclusive member tools and resources to ease you into public affairs
- Elisabeth ‘Lizzie’ Dorman, Sr. Manager, Grassroots Programs and State Advocacy, ASCE
- Kevin Longley, Sr. Manager, Public Affairs & Media Relations, ASCE