This course is part of the Geographic Information Systems for Asset Management Certificate Program
This course is now running on-demand rather than to a live schedule, making it easier to fit into your life.
If you are not currently logged into ASCE, you will be asked to login or create an ASCE account.
2.4 CEUs / 24 PDHs
Rate: Member $945 | Non-Member $1195
Purpose & Background
The main intent of this course is to familiarize practitioners with applications of GIS within asset management. This course will provide practicing professionals within private and public utility agencies with the knowledge necessary to capitalize on the efficiencies of using GIS in infrastructure management applications. General GIS and asset management concepts will be covered throughout this introductory course that can assist practitioners in making decisions on the best‐suited applications for their respective utility or infrastructure network.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a general technical and managerial understanding of GIS and its application to asset management.
- Apply knowledge gained to the development of GIS asset management workflows and their respective implementations.
- Identify opportunities where GIS can improve asset management operations, apply GIS products into asset management decisions.
- Develop GIS programs for infrastructure asset management that can satisfy organization needs.
- Design workflows for collecting and processing data.
- Develop field tests for each type of workflow and how to implement changes based on test feedback.
- Manage and maintain GIS program workflows through the appropriate allocation of capital and human resources.
Assessment of Learning Outcomes
Learning outcomes are assessed through multiple tests, interactive knowledge checks, and case studies, as well as weekly reflection exercises.
Who Should Attend?
- Public agency engineers
- Public agency planners
- Consultant engineers
- A/E contractors
- GIS analysts