Region 9 Governor Official Nominee
Over my 35 year career, I realized that civil engineers are not just designers who perform calculations day in and day out. As a scuba diver, I was exposed to the environmental impacts of human activities. I spent most of my career in local government and this raised my awareness of ethical behavior and shaped how I view legislation and how decision making takes place and the need for engineers’ voices.
As a Region Governor, my vision includes:
- Promoting ASCE and increasing its membership.
- Promoting Green Civil Engineers by raising the awareness of sustainability and minimizing the impact of construction activities on the environment.
- Promoting a commitment to ethical behavior in the profession and tolerance and respect in behavior.
- Involvement in the legislative process at all levels and the development of civil engineering leaders.
- Promoting good communicators with technical and non-technical audience.
- Promoting the increase in knowledge to civil engineers that supports creativity, collaboration and new technology.
- Promoting the need for civil engineers as essential workers during disasters as part of the safety assessment program.
- BS in Civil Engineering
- MBA with a focus in Management - Summa Cum Laude
Certification and licenses
- California R.C.E.
- LEED AP
- Transtech, Senior Project Manager/Civil Engineer
- City of San Clemente, Deputy Public Works Director
- City of Laguna Niguel, Engineering Services Manager
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Economic Cities Authority, Vice Secretary General
- City of San Juan Capistrano, Senior Civil Engineer
- City of Westminster, Associate Civil Engineer
- City of La Habra, Assistant Civil Engineer
- Committee on Critical Infrastructure
- ASCE Orange County
- Secretary, Treasurer, Vice President, President, Past President
- Chair, Legislative Committee
- Member, Sustainability Committee
- Chair, Region 9 Disaster Preparedness Committee
- Secretary, LA Section
Other volunteer activities
- USGBC, Advocacy Committee
- Member, National Solid Waste Committee
- Emergency Management Committee
- Captain, Creek Cleanup Events
- Kingdom of Jordan Commercial and Industrial Environmental Audit Program Development
- ASCE OC: Outstanding Civil Engineer in Public Sector, Government Engineer of Merit, Sustainability Project of the Year Award
- OCEC Engineering Merit Award
- ASCE Region 9, Outstanding Branch Officer, Civil Engineer in Community Service
- ASCE “CITIZEN ENGINEER”
- Co-authored APWA publication “The Solid Waste Manager’s Reference Guidebook”