Nomination Deadline: October 15th
This award was established in 2009 to honor and recognize practicing engineers employed in the airfield pavement engineering profession with demonstrated leadership and/or achievement in airfield pavement projects. This award is administered by the Transportation & Development Institute (T&DI).
- 2021: Richard G. Thuma, P.E., ENV SP
- Eligibility for this award is limited to American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) or Transportation & Development Institute (T&DI) members of any grade who have attained significant professional achievement, by the degree to which the candidates have shown:
- service to the advancement of the airfield pavements engineering profession;
- evidence of technical competence, high character and integrity;
- leadership in the development of younger member attitudes towards the profession;
- other evidence of merit, which in the judgment of the award committee, shall have advanced the Committee's objectives.
- There is no limit to the number of recipients named in any given year and no recipient may receive the award more than once.
- Nominations are accepted via the Airfield Pavement Practitioner Award nomination page on the ASCE Awards nominations website.
- The award consists of a plaque and a certificate suitably inscribed to describe the name of the recipient and the circumstances of the award. The award will be presented at an appropriate T&DI or ASCE function.
- The recipient of this award is selected by the T&DI Board of Governors upon recommendation of the T&DI Awards Committee.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter signed by the nominator
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (required)
- An additional letter of recommendation (optional)
Nominations are accepted electronically through October 15 via the Airfield Pavement Practitioner Award nomination page.