The ASCE President’s Medal was established by the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction in April 1986.
- 2023: President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and Feniosky Peña-Mora, Sc.D., P.E., NAS, CCM, F.CIOB, NAC, Dist.M.ASCE
- The award may be presented annually to not more than 2 individuals per year.
- The award recognizes the accomplishments and contributions of eminent engineers to the profession, the Society or the public. Membership in the Society is not a requirement for consideration.
- The award shall be conferred at the initiative of the President with the concurrence of the Executive Committee, who may consider recommendations from any source.
- The award consists of a bronze medal depicting the ASCE emblem, obverse, and appropriate engraving, reverse, identifying the award and the recipient(s).
- The award shall be presented at the time of the Annual Convention or at other suitable occasions at the option of the President.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF)
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- 2 or 3 letters of recommendation (max)
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191