Nomination Deadline: August 15th
The ASCE Geo-Institute (G-I) has established a Lecture in recognition of Professor Carl L. Monismith's contribution to Pavement Engineering. Professor Monismith's teaching and research career in pavement technology, at the University of California, Berkeley, spans more than 50 years. Throughout this period, he has mentored numerous graduate students who have disseminated advances in pavement technology around the world.
- 2023: Imad L. Al-Qadi, Ph.D., P.E., Dist.M.ASCE
- The C. L. Monismith Lecture will be awarded annually for outstanding research contributions in Pavement Engineering.
- The selection of the Lecturer will be made by the Awards Committee of the G-I and approved by the G-I Board of Governors.
- The Lecturer will be presented with a plaque and an honorarium, as allowed by the funds endowed for this purpose.
- The Lecturer will be encouraged to submit a paper accompanying his/her lecture, to be labeled accordingly.
- This paper is to be included either in the conference proceedings, the Geotechnical Special Publication (GSP) produced for the particular conference, or submitted to ASCE's Journal of Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Engineering or International Journal of Geomechanics for publication.
- Copyright of these papers will rest with G-I.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF)
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- Two or three letters of recommendation (max)
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191
For any questions regarding the Carl L. Monismith Lecture Award, please contact the Geo-Institute of ASCE.Cancel