Nomination Deadline: November 1st
The Computing in Civil Engineering Award was established by the Technical Council on Computer Practices (now the Computing Division). It was officially instituted by action of the Board of Direction in January 1995, and was funded by computer-oriented industries within the field of civil engineering.
- 2023: Burcin Becerik-Gerber, Ph.D., A.M.ASCE
- The award is made annually to a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers who has made an outstanding contribution to the application of computers to the practice of civil engineering. Candidates must be ASCE members in good standing at the time of nomination. Computer-related contributions in any technical discipline or professional context are eligible for this award without restriction.
- Not more than 1 presentation of the award will be made each year unless the achievement upon which the award is based is the joint work of more than one individual. No individual may receive the award, or a portion thereof, more than once.
- The recommendation of the recipient of the award is the responsibility of the Executive Committee of the Computing Division. The nomination is subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction. The Executive Committee of the Computing Division may, at its discretion, choose to forego recommending anyone for the award in any given year.
- The award consists of a plaque and a cash prize determined annually by and subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the Board of Direction based on the income from the award endowment. If the award is presented for a group effort, the lead recipient shall receive the plaque and cash prize. All other recipients shall receive only a certificate.
- The award will normally be presented at a specialty conference sponsored by the Computing Division.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF)
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- 2 or 3 letters of recommendation (max)
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191