Nomination Deadline: November 1st
The Donald V. Roberts Global Sustainability Award is a memorial in recognition of the outstanding professional accomplishments of Donald V.N. Roberts, P.E., Dist.M.ASCE. It is supported by the income from a fund contributed by friends of Mr. Roberts and the Roberts Family. The award was established by the Society on October 4, 2021.
- The award is made to the author(s) of a paper published in print by the Society during the 12-month period ending with June of the year preceding the year of award. The paper is recognized for its merit as a contribution to the civil engineer’s responsibility to sustainability. The award is not made in years in which no paper of suitable merit is published.
- The award is not restricted to members of the Society.
- The eligible papers will be reviewed by a sub-committee of the Committee on Sustainability, which shall select a nominee for final action by the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction.
- The lead author shall receive a certificate and cash prize determined annually by and subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the Board of Direction, with the advice of the Committee on Sustainability, based on the income from the award fund. All other recipients shall receive only a certificate.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF) for each author
- 1 copy of the paper as it appeared in the print issue of an ASCE Journal
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected] or by mail to:
ASCE Honors & Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191-4400