Nomination Deadline: November 1st
This medal is named for George W. Housner, Ph.D., M.ASCE who was a Professor at the California Institute of Technology and who is known for pioneering contributions to the field of structural control and monitoring of civil infrastructure systems. The medal was established by action of the Society on July 29, 2011.
- 2021: Hui Li, Ph.D., Aff.M.ASCE
- The medal may be awarded annually to 1 individual in recognition of outstanding research contributions to the broad field of structural control and health monitoring.
- Membership in the Society is not a consideration for this award.
- The Housner Award Selection Committee of the Engineering Mechanics Institute shall recommend for EMI Board approval the name of the recommended winner. With EMI Board approval the recommendation shall be presented to the Executive of the ASCE Board of Direction for final action.
- The medal will be presented at the Engineering Mechanics Institute Annual Convention, ASCE Convention, or a mechanics conference co-sponsored by the Society.
- No one shall receive the medal more than once.
- The award shall consist of a medal.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF)
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- 2 or 2 letters of recommendation (max)
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191