This award was named in 2021 to honor the years of exemplary service to the profession and the Institute by Jeffrey B. Bradley. His personal technical competence, selfless dedication, and sincerity were integral to EWRI’s establishment, combining related ASCE elements into the Environmental and Water Resources Institute.
He was a founding member of EWRI and its 2002 president, founding president of the American Academy of Water Resources Engineers, and a co-founder of the water resources firm, WEST Consultants, Inc. This Award is given to recognize similar contributions and outstanding service to the Institute.
Walter Grayman, Ph.D., P.E.,BC.WRE(Ret.), F.EWRI, M.ASCE
- The Service to the Institute Award is given in recognition of extensive and outstanding service to the Institute. Recipients need not be members of ASCE.
- Nominations can come from any technical or administrative committee or from individuals on an "at large" basis. To nominate a peer for this award you need to submit your nominations to the appropriate EWRI Council Awards Committee chair by October 1st. At large nominations must be submitted to the Awards Committee no later than October 1st.
- In the event that no nominations are received by October 1st. The appropriate EWRI Council Awards Committee may formulate a recommendation of its own or decline to submit a nomination.
- The award prize is a framed certificate.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A third-party letter of nomination describing how the nominee meets the criteria for the award.
- The nominee's CV or biographical information.
- A minimum of 3, maximum of 5, letters of recommendation from colleagues intimately familiar with the nominee's notable contributions that have served to advance engineering and science in the field of urban water resources research.
- Submit a complete EWRI Awards Nomination form (PDF) to [email protected].