This lectureship was established by the Soil Mechanics and Foundations Division (now the Geo-Institute) of the Society by the solicitation of gifts from the many friends and admirers of Karl Terzaghi, Hon.M.ASCE. It was instituted by the Board of Direction on October 10, 1960.
- 2021: Gregory B. Baecher, Ph.D. P.E., NAE, M.ASCE
- At about yearly intervals and upon recommendation of the Geo-Institute Board of Governors, the Executive Director will invite a distinguished engineer to deliver a "Terzaghi Lecture" at an appropriate meeting of the Society.
- The recipient shall be recommended by the Geo-Institute for approval by the Society's Executive Committee.
- The lecturer shall be tendered a certificate and a cash prize determined annually by and subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the Board of Direction based on the income from the award endowment.
- Membership in the Society is not a requirement for consideration.
To nominate, Submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF)
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- 2 or 3 letters of recommendation (max)
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191
Lecturers are invited by the Geo-Institute Board of Governors.