Nomination Deadline: August 15th
The Martin S. Kapp Foundation Engineering Award is a memorial in recognition of the outstanding professional accomplishments of Martin S. Kapp, F.ASCE. The award is supported by the income from a fund contributed by the friends and professional associates of Mr. Kapp. The award was established by the Board of Direction in April 1973.
- 2023: Matthew Meyer, P.E., D.GE, M.ASCE
- The Martin S. Kapp Foundation Engineering Award will be given to an individual on the basis of the best example of innovative or outstanding design or construction of foundations, earthworks, retaining structures, or underground construction. Emphasis shall be placed on constructed works where serious difficulties were overcome or where substantial economies were achieved. The example shall have been described in published form available to the entire engineering community.
- Not more than 1 award of the prize is made each year unless the achievement upon which the award is based is considered to be the contribution of more than 1 person, such as the joint authorship of a paper. No one shall receive the honor, or any portion thereof, more than once.
- The award is not restricted to members of the Society.
- Nominees not selected in a given year shall be held over for consideration through the next two cycles. At the end of the third cycle, nominees not chosen will no longer be eligible for consideration. Nominators who wish their candidate to be considered for another three-cycle period must produce a new nomination package.
- The recipient of the award, if any, will be submitted to the ASCE Executive Committee by the Geo-Institute Board of Governors.
- The award consists of a plaque and a cash prize determined annually by and subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction based on the income from the award endowment. In the case of a joint effort, the lead recipient shall receive the plaque and cash prize. All other recipients shall receive only a certificate.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- 2 or 3 letters of recommendation (max)
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191