Nomination Deadline November 1st
To recognize outstanding contributions to the application of structural engineering research, Raymond C. Reese, Hon.M.ASCE, contributed funds to support a structural engineering research prize. The prize was established by the Board of Direction in April 1970.
- 2023: Ran Cao, Ph.D., A.M.ASCE; Anil K. Agrawal, Ph.D., P.E., F.SEI, M.ASCE; Sherif El-Tawil, Ph.D., P.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE; and Waider Wong
For the paper “Performance-Based Design Framework for Concrete Barriers Subjected to Truck Collision,” Journal of Bridge Engineering, August 2021.
- The Raymond C. Reese Research Prize is to be awarded to the author or authors of a paper in a print issue of an ASCE journal in the 12-month period ending with June of the year preceding the year of the award that describes a notable achievement in research related to structural engineering and which indicates how the research can be used. The paper should include the results of research (experimental and/or analytical) and, in particular, should indicate and recommend how the research can be applied to design; it is this latter feature that is considered to be most important.
- Membership in the Society is not a requirement for consideration.
- The award may be presented annually.
- The SEI Awards Committee shall recommend the recipient(s), if any, to the ASCE Board of Direction Executive Committee for final action.
- The lead author shall receive a plaque. All other authors shall receive only a certificate.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomintion form (PDF) for each author
- Copy of the paper
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191