Nomination Deadline: November 1st
The Thomas Fitch Rowland Prize was instituted by the Society at the Annual Meeting of 1882. It was endowed in 1884 by Thomas Fitch Rowland, past Vice President and Hon.M.ASCE.
- 2023: Zhongming Xiang, Ph.D., Aff.M.ASCE; Abbas Rashidi, Ph.D., M.ASCE; and Ge Ou, Ph.D., Aff.M.ASCE
- Nomination for the Prize is open to authors, who are either Society or Construction Institute members in good standing at the time of nomination. The prize may be presented annually.
- In the award of the prize, preference is given to papers whose author or authors describe in detail accomplished works of construction or which are valuable contributions to construction management and construction engineering. Only papers published in a print issue of an ASCE journal in the 12-month period ending with June of the year preceding the year of award are eligible.
- Nominations will be considered by the Construction Institute's Awards Committee. Its recommendation will be made to the Construction Institute's Board of Directors and subsequently ratified by the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction.
- The lead author shall receive a wall plaque. All other authors shall receive only a certificate.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF) for each author
- Copy of the paper
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191