Nomination Deadline: April 15 - Applications received after deadline will be considered for the next year's awards.
The Utility Engineering and Surveying Institute (UESI) Younger Member of the Year Award was established to recognize the contributions of members 35 and younger.
- 2023: Harshit Shukla, Ph.D., A.M.ASCE
- Award is made annually to the most outstanding younger member of UESI.
- The Award shall consist of a certificate (a cash prize or travel stipend may be included subject to availability and approval by the UESI Awards Committee).
- The award shall be presented at an appropriate UESI meeting or event.
- Top nominees not selected may be held over at the discretion of the Selection Committee for consideration the following year.
- Criteria for selection. The criteria and format for evaluating nominations are
established by the Selection Committee. Some of the criteria the Selection Committee might consider
- Excellence in service to UESI,
- Service to the advancement of the profession,
- Service contributions outside of ASCE and UESI,
- Current UESI member,
- Other evidence of merit.
- Selection process
- Completed nominations received before the due date shall be reviewed by the Selection Committee.
- The Selection Committee will select a nominee based on the award criteria.
- The Selection Committee shall recommend to the UESI Board of Governors the award winner.
The UESI Younger Member of the Year is selected from nominations submitted to UESI. An individual or group of individuals may nominate someone. Self-nominations are also accepted.
To Nominate, submit the following:
- Cover letter signed by the nominator(s),
- Completed award nomination form,
- Nominee’s biographical information (one paragraph),
- Optional: letters of recommendation.