Coastal, Ocean, Port & Navigation Engineering
Board-certified coastal, ocean, port and navigation engineers demonstrate advanced knowledge and expertise that sets them apart in the field.
Benefits of coastal, ocean, port, and navigation engineering board certification
- Recognizes leaders in the coastal, ocean, port and navigation engineering profession.
- Widely respected by clients, employers, peers, and the public.
- Demonstrates expertise in specific coastal, ocean, port, and navigation engineering areas and a commitment to staying up to date with new technology.
- Reflects a strong dedication to professionalism, ethics, and continuous professional development.
- Board-certified engineers may qualify for an additional discount on liability insurance through ASCE, saving 5 to 7.5%.
Become a Board Certified Coastal, Ocean, Port, or Navigation Civil Engineer
The Bodies of Knowledge (BOKs) for Coastal, Ocean, Port, and Navigation engineering
The CEC Board-Certified Engineer Directory is an online tool to help owners, employers, and the public find a Board-Certified Engineer in a specialty area in civil engineering.
CEC’s Coastal, Ocean, Coastal, Ocean, Port, Navigation Board Certification programs are administered by the Academy of Coastal, Ocean, Port, and Navigation Engineers.
"Our engineers and specialists at Dar are experts in top international standards and industry best practices, and we hire engineers with a wide range of world-class international certifications, prominently including those certified in coastal, ocean, port, and navigation engineering from the CEC-ACOPNE."Ahmed Sayed MohamedPhD, BC.CE, CEng, FRINA
"I lead a large engineering group responsible for coastal, navigation, and ecosystem restoration projects. Quality of engineering work is one of my biggest concerns when delivering critical infrastructure. I count on board certified engineers to have the right expertise to safely and responsibly deliver quality projects for our nation."Rob ThomasP.E., BC.CE, BC.NE
"A client told me that I was their only expert witness whose expertise was not challenged in a litigation. When opposing attorneys saw my Board Certifications in Navigation Engineering and Coastal Engineering, they immediately conceded that I was qualified."William H. McAnallyP.E., BC.NE, BC.CE, F.ASCE