Attend the 2023 Civil Engineering Education Summit, April 3–5 at Clemson University
The 2023 Summit is a joint effort between the Glenn Department of Civil Engineering at Clemson, ASCE, and the NSF Revolutionizing Engineering and Computer Science Departments (RED) program.
Learn how to build upon the objectives identified during the 2019 Civil Engineering Education Summit to create change in engineering departments to best address society's current and future needs.
The 2023 ASCE Civil Engineering Education Summit will share adoption-ready transformations created by the NSF RED program, tools and training designed to equip teams with the skills necessary to accomplish their academic change goals, access to industry partners who can help create change, a robust network of change partners, and opportunities to define future academic change for our profession and our global society.
Rewind: 2019 Civil Engineering Education Summit
NSF RED Civil Programs share their experiences in a “Lightning Round” format
- Creating Shared Vision
- Creating Strategic Partnerships
- Telling Your Change Story
Breakout Sessions on:
- Inclusion Revolution
- Grooming Effective Teamwork
- Climate Assessment Workshop
- Industry: Beyond the Capstone Juror
- Advancing Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning in Civil Engineering
- Beyond Technical Content
- Transforming Infrastructure Education
- Future World Vision in Action
- Writing (and Grading) in the Discipline
- The Power of Neurodiversity
- ExCEEd at Foundational Courses
Over 200 civil engineering educators, practitioners, and guests convened at the Civil Engineering Education Summit in Dallas, Texas, in May 2019 to consider the future of civil engineering education. The group discussions and workshops produced four major objectives for engineering educational systems:
- Reexamine and potentially redefine the domain of civil engineering
- Elevate professional skills to an equal footing with technical skills
- Develop a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and engaging culture within the civil engineering profession
- Foster an ongoing commitment to transformative education
Read the Civil Engineering Education Summit Action Plan (PDF)
Have thoughts and comments on the report and next steps for ASCE to pursue? Share them with ASCE’s Committee on Education.