The ExCEEd Teaching Workshop is a 6-day practicum that provides engineering educators with an opportunity to improve their teaching abilities. ASCE has successfully presented this workshop each summer for the past nineteen years. Faculty members across the country and around the world have benefited from this workshop.
Workshop learning objectives:
- Explain what constitutes effective teaching.
- Apply learning style models to the organization and conduct of a class.
- Use Classroom Assessment Techniques to assess student learning.
- Organize a class.
- Deliver classroom instruction.
- Assess a class from a student’s perspective.
- Self-assess your own class.
Applicants who are accepted to an ASCE ExCEEd Teaching Workshop will be named "ExCEEd Teaching Fellows."
Due to the cancellation of ExCEEd 2020, we will not be accepting new applications for ExCEEd 2021.