The ASCE Board of Direction recently elected the Society’s newest class of distinguished members, the highest honor ASCE can bestow upon a member.
They are (click on each name to learn about each distinguished member’s career):
- Anil K. Agrawal, Ph.D., P.E., F.SEI, Dist.M.ASCE
- Sreenivas Alampalli, Ph.D., P.E., F.SEI, Dist.M.ASCE
- George Deodatis, Ph.D., F.EMI, Dist.M.ASCE
- W. Samuel Easterling, Ph.D., P.E., F.SEI, Dist.M.ASCE
- Roger G. Ghanem, Ph.D., F.EMI, Dist.M.ASCE
- Jimmy Chih-Ming Kao, Ph.D., P.E., F.EWRI, Dist.M.ASCE
- Sashi K. Kunnath, Ph.D., P.E., F.SEI, Dist.M.ASCE
- Feniosky Peña-Mora, Sc.D., P.E., Dist.M.ASCE
- Billie F. Spencer Jr., Ph.D., P.E., Dist.M.ASCE
- Yinhai Wang, Ph.D., P.E., Dist.M.ASCE
Distinguished membership is reserved for civil engineers who are either ASCE members or fellows and have attained recognized superiority in position, character, and achievement through significant contributions to the profession.
The class of 2023 will be inducted at ceremonies during the ASCE 2023 Convention, Oct. 18-21 in Chicago.